ASTIC @ UAHS will Motivate, Nurture and Provide opportunities to develop skills appropriate to transform ideas/ innovation to an enterprise. ASTIC will organize mentor driven start-up and stand-up programmes and enhancing student’s/farmers/stakeholders capability for start-up ready and industry ready capabilities. ASTIC also provide incubation platform for the innovators to build their enterprise.
- Motivating students / farmers/ entrepreneur’s deeper learning’s across frontier area of science and technology to take-up start-ups, entrepreneurship.
- Build partnerships between Industry, Institutions, and Alumni to develop to startup ecosystem.
- Provide Incubation and mentoring facilitates to motivate young entrepreneurs.
- Serve as knowledge center for Agri Startup aspirents.
Resources, mentoring available in identified areas
- Areca based technology
- Organic farming
- Crop improvement
- Crop protection
- Mushroom cultivation
- Composting technologies
- Agriculture engineering and Post harvest technology
- Agricultural implements
- Post harvest and value addition
- Biofertilizers, Biopesticides and Bio-weedicides
- Marketing and digital farming
- Agro-chemicals including synthetic molecule development as pesticides, soluble fertilizers, phyto-hormones etc
- Seed Production.
- Precision Agriculture – Protective cultivation, aeroponics
- Plant based diets for prevention of diseases in humans and animals.
- Phyto Chemicals for control of Pest and Pathogens in plants, animals and humans.
The main emphasis of the center is to develop required essential infrastructure facilities for effective implementation of the incubation programme by the startups and entrepreneurs (incubatees). We propose to achieve this goal by establishing a nodal centre with minimum infrastructure and facilities for operations and outsource the existing facilities in the different departments/research centers of UAHS, Shivamogga in order to pave the way for our graduates, farmers and unemployed youths to implement their ideas as start-up.
The Agri-startup technology incubation centre (ASTIC) committee composition and role:
The ASTIC Executive Committee is constituted under the chairmanship of Director of Extension, UAHS, Shivamogga.
Chairman : Vice Chancellor, UAHS
Member : Director of Extension, UAHS
Member : Director of Research, UAHS
Member : Director of Education, UAHS
Member Convener : Registrar, UAHS
Executive Committee for ASTIC:
|Director of Extension, UAHS, Shivamogga
|Director of Research, UAHS, Shivamogga
|Associate Director of Extension (HQ)
|Associate Director of Research (HQ)
|Respective University Head’s/ HoD’s /Co-ordinators/ Principle Investigator’s / Scheme Head’s/ Senior Scientist & Head’s of KVK’s /Scientists/ (Depending on the technology)
|Nodal officer, Agri. Start up, UAHS, Shivamogga
||Coordinator and convener
- The executive committee shall evaluate the application submitted by the incuabtee based on evaluation criteria.
- Committee shall assign a mentor to the incubatee after reviewing the application of the incubatee.
- Committee shall meet every six months to discuss the activity and progress of the incubatee or as and when needed.
- Committee shall fix the Incubation fee and cost of utilities provided by the center to him/her.
I. Selection of incubatee
- Once the incubatee has expressed interest in the ASTIC, he/she will submit an online application form or Hard copy of the application along with the business proposal. Following this, the expert committee will evaluate the application and selected candidates will be invited to present their business pitch to the committee.
- Chairperson (Director of Extension, UAHS, Shivamogga) Co- Chairperson (Director of Research, UAHS, Shivamogga) and all the members of Agri. Startup (under UAHS, Shivamogga “ASTIC” initiative) Executive committee shall in turn review the application and presentation. Based on the following criteria, the committee will then approve the incubatees for incubation.
- The evaluation criteria will be as follows:
|1. Novelty and innovation
|2. Unmet need/Potential Impact
|3. Benefit to the Farming sector/Green technologies/skill development
|4. Commercialization potential and business plan
|6. Appropriateness to incubate at the Agri-Innovation Centre (benefit to the Centre from this engagement)
- If approved the incubatees will be permitted to incubate in the appropriate department and a mentor will be assigned relevant to his/ her project on the basis of remarks of the concerned HOD/ Scheme Head/ Relevant teacher/ scientist (Mentor) without affecting the normal duties of the faculty/ functioning of the Department.
- The selected incubatee shall deposit the prescribed refundable advance (3 months of incubation fee) and incubation fee (monthly) to the Agri. Innovation Center account.
- The incubatee shall sign the MoU in the presence of committee members, the concerned HOD/ Scheme Head may allow him/ her to carryout Project/Research for specific duration for which the committee has been approved.
II. Fee structure
- For external incubatees
- The incubation fee for the incubatees registering as external incubatee will be Rs.12,000/- p.a. and advance of Rs.4,000/- as refundable deposit. Registration will have to be renewed after 11 months.
- For the External registered Incubatees besides the general services, access to other facilities will be based on the nature of the facilities availed.
- For internal incubatees
- The incubation fee for the incubatees registering as internal incubatee will be Rs 2,000/- p.m. and deposit of advance of 3 months of incubation fee i.e., Rs 6,000/- as refundable deposit.
- Registration will have to be renewed after 11 months.
- The incubation fee paid by the incubatee is for the work space allotted to him/her and the equipment charges should be paid by them additionally on the daily usage basis.
- The equipment charges shall be finalized by the Agri. Startup Executive committee involving HODs/ Scheme Head/ Mentor.
- Working hours (time frame) may be allotted by the mentor. Generally it will be the University office time. Special cases should be considered as per the recommendation of the committee
III Revenue sharing between participatory department and Agri. Innovation Center
- The fees collected from the incubatee may be equally shared by the concerned department where incubatee works and Agri. Innovation Center.
- The fees shared by Agri. Innovation Center shall be utilised for the maintainance of the activities taken under the said purposes including traveling allowances, contingency, organizing training programme, meeting expenses etc...
- 50% of the incubation fee shared with respective department may be utilized for departmental upgradation and with faculty amenities.
- The respective department shall also utilize the revenue collected from the equipment charges.
IV Financial Transaction, Accounting and management
The bank account of Agri. Innovation Center maintained by the nodal officer should be jointly operated by the Drawing officer & ADE (HQ) of UAHS, Shivamogga
V Statement of accounts
Account statement shall be generated once in a month
VI Signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
MoU shall be signed by the registrar, as a representation of UAHS, Shivamogga
- The incubatee shall sign the MoU in the presence of committee members, the concerned HOD/ Scheme Head
- Any other things which matters to both parties shall be discussed and added to the MOU as additional working documents which shall constitute part of the MOU.
VII. Termination of MoU
MoU shall be signed by the registrar, as a representation of UAHS, Shivamogga
- The Memorandum of Understanding shall be effective for a period of three years from the date of signing.
- The agreement shall be deemed to expire on completion of the mutually agreed upon period.
- During the tenure of the agreement, parties here to can terminate the agreement either for breach of any of the terms and conditions of the agreement or otherwise by giving a one- month notice in writing to the defaulting party. Failure of either party to terminate the agreement on account of breach or default by the other shall not constitute a waiver of that party’s right to terminate this agreement.
- In the event of termination of the agreement. The rights and obligations of the parties shall be settled by mutual discussion.
VIII. Rights of the UAHS, Shivamogga
Any disputes that arise between the parties shall be decided by the honorable Vice Chancellor of the UAHS, Shivamogga, whose decision shall be final.
- University reserves its right to appropriate the deposit of the incubatee and also can forfeit the movable property of the incubatee, if they fail to pay the charges/dues.
- In case, any staff of the incubatee is found misbehaving or not properly serving the students, staffs and other visitors, on the direction of the University, such staff shall be removed.
- The University is not responsible/ liable for any loss, damage, theft of the properties of the properties of the incubatee in the schedule premises.
- The University is not responsible/ liable for any claim whatsoever from the staff of the incubatee for their services in the laboratory space.
IX. Incubatee’s role and responsibilities
- Incubatee shall keep the scheduled premises neat, tidy and clean and in usable condition and shall not cause any damage to the building/equipment.
- The incubatee shall pay all the charges, dues, arrears if any before vacating the schedule premises.
- The staff of the incubatee shall behave properly with the students, staff and other visitors to the University.
- In case any damage is caused to the scheduled premises/equipments by the incubatee or the employees of the incubatee, the incubatee shall repair / replace the same with new one at their cost.